Celebrities and Surrogacy

Celebrities and Surrogacy in San Antonio

Celebrities And Their Surrogacy Stories

Surrogacy is not the easiest and cheapest way to start a family for infertile couples. However, this has not stopped couples determined to have their own child. Let’s take a look at several celebrities who have gone through surrogacy services and who are satisfied with the results.

In 2011, Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban went through a series of misfortunes while trying to have a second child. Kidman had an ectopic pregnancy, experienced miscarriages, and went through fertility treatments. Both Kidman and Urban wanted to have a second baby, so when everything else failed they saw hope in surrogacy. Now they have Faith Margaret and are happy with their decision.

Also in 2011, Robert De Niro and wife Grace Hightower had a baby girl through surrogacy.

In addition, in 2010, Chris Daughtry and wife Deanna had twins, Adalynn and Noah, through a surrogate. They opted for gestational surrogacy because Daughtry’s wife had a partial hysterectomy in 2006 and was unable to bear a child.

These are just a few accounts of famous people who decided on surrogacy to have children of their own. Even with the ongoing debate over surrogacy on legal and moral grounds, there is no denying that the process has helped a lot of couples find happiness that money alone can’t buy.

Indeed, surrogacy has emerged as the answer for many couples going through the troubles of infertility. Same-sex partners, married in legal and binding laws, are now able to have a family. Women with severe medical problems and who are not able to get pregnant are given the chance to become mothers. Also, older women above the age of 42 can still have babies of their own.

Although surrogacy has become a source of political and social controversy, there’s no stopping those couples who choose it. About 90 percent are happy with the results. The other 10 percent had either not researched the approach or had questions about the surrogate they considered.