If you want to become a surrogate mother, Texas is one of the best states to do it. The process isn’t legal everywhere, but Texas law allows both traditional and gestational surrogacy.
Become a Surrogate Mother in Texas
In addition to the physical process itself, surrogacy involves a lot of legal work – contracts that, in order to be worth anything, must be enforceable. They aren’t in every state, which means that even if the surrogacy procedure is legal, the whole process could be cancelled if one of the parties changed their mind or there was a disagreement.
However, in Texas surrogate mothers – alongside the intended parents – are protected by the full force of the law; Texas legislation supports these contracts, and the state’s courts have consistently upheld them.
Interested in becoming a surrogate mother in Texas? You may qualify if you meet these qualifications:
- Applicant must be between the ages of 21 and 39.
- Applicant must have had one or more easy pregnancies and deliveries.
- Applicant must not have had more than 2 C-sections.
- Applicant must be healthy and of an appropriate weight for her height (31 BMI or less).
- Applicant must not smoke cigarettes, drink excessive alcohol, or use drugs.
- Applicant must have access to reliable transportation and reside in Texas.
- Applicant must not have been convicted of a felony.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or have a green card.
And last, but certainly not least, in order to be a successful surrogate mother, you must also:
- Have a strong drive and desire to help others in this unique way.
- Love being pregnant!
If you meet all of the qualifications listed above, then we’d love to hear from you! The next step on your journey to become a surrogate mother is to fill out our easy online application. Once you’ve submitted your application, one of our friendly, knowledgeable caseworkers will be in touch to discuss it with you and answer any questions you may have, as well as tell you what the next steps in the journey will be.
To get more answers right away, please see our Surrogate Mothers FAQ or download one (or all!) of our free reports. Thank you for your interest in becoming a surrogate mother with the Surrogacy In Texas!