Want to become a surrogate in Texas? You’re in luck – it’s one of the best states in the country for the process. That’s because while it’s not legal everywhere in the country, Texas law allows both gestational and traditional surrogacy. And the state has a very wide array of fertility clinics from which to choose.
That means that no matter what your preference is, you can probably find it in Texas. Do you want the intended parents to be Catholic? Jewish? Heterosexual? Gay? Perhaps you want them to be well-off, or professionals.
The number of clinics, spread across the state, also makes it very easy to find one that’s convenient to your location and your schedule. In Texas, your preferences as a surrogate can almost certainly be met.
Becoming a Surrogate in Texas
Interested in becoming a surrogate in Texas? You may qualify if you meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must be between the ages of 21 and 39.
- Applicant must have had one or more easy pregnancies and deliveries.
- Applicant must not have had more than 2 C-sections.
- Applicant must be healthy and of an appropriate weight for her height (31 BMI or less).
- Applicant must not smoke cigarettes, drink excessive alcohol, or use drugs.
- Applicant must have access to reliable transportation and reside in Texas.
- Applicant must not have been convicted of a felony.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or have a green card.
And last, but certainly not least, in order to be a successful surrogate mother, you must also:
- Have a strong drive and desire to help others in this unique way.
- Love being pregnant!
If you meet all of the qualifications listed above, then we’d love to hear from you! The next step on your journey to become a surrogate mother is to fill out our easy online application. Once you’ve submitted your application, one of our friendly, knowledgeable caseworkers will be in touch (usually within 24 hours on business days) to discuss it with you and answer any questions you may have, as well as tell you what the next steps in the journey will be.
Click here to be taken to the gestational carrier application page. To get more answers right away, please see our Surrogate Mothers FAQ or download one (or all!) of our free reports. Thank you for your interest in becoming a surrogate mother with Surrogacy In Texas!